Pages

2014-08-29

Writing yet another Ruby implementation in Go

Well, let's face the truth: writing a complete implementation of Ruby is very hard, independent of the language used for it. And then: why another implementation which differs only in the language used to write it into?

I love Ruby, and I love Go. But you can't use both at the same time, especially not without tradeoffs or "workarounds".

But why writing the whole language anew in Go? To tell the truth, I am doing this just for fun. And also because Brian Shirai created a remarkable tool to assist with just that, RubySpec.
So, maybe it's only a proof of concept if it is possible to create another implementation guided by the specs.

If you're interested in the project and its progress, check out the sources at github. I will also report about my progress here. So stay tuned.

Keine Kommentare: